CALL TO ARTISTS: 2016 MSoP Members' Exhibition
The Mosaic Society of Philadelphia is happy to invite all members in good standing to participate in the 2016 Members’ Exhibition.
The exhibit will be held at the Kramer Memorial Gallery at Gratz College in Melrose Park, PA. where we hope to showcase the different styles, themes and materials used by our diverse community.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, April 1st, 2015 at 5 p.m. No exceptions.
FEES: $5 per member (1 entry)
EXHIBITION DATES: June 12 - August 27, 2016
Opening reception: June 12, 1-4 p.m., to coincide with MSoP's 4th birthday celebration!
Because gallery space is limited, we are ONLY accepting four (4) pieces between 30"-40" wide x 40" tall (maximum); all other works are limited to 30" wide x 40" tall. Only 4 three-dimensional pieces, with a maximum of 18" in any dimension will be accepted. Works will be accepted in the order in which they are received, according to the time stamp of the submission form. After the entry deadline, if space is available, we will make a call for second pieces from the members who have submitted.
RULES FOR ENTRY:
All members of the Mosaic Society of Philadelphia as of March 30, 2016 are eligible to submit one work for the exhibition. To join or renew membership for 2016, please visit the Membership page.
- All applications shall be submitted through the Mosaic Society of Philadelphia's website, no exceptions. Entry photos (requirements below) are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No applications will be accepted at that email address; only properly labeled photos.
- Entry fees ($5 per entry) shall be sent via PayPal to email@example.com by the April 1, 2016 at 5 p.m. deadline. Applications which have been submitted without payment by the deadline will be considered void.
- Mosaics must be no larger than 30" width and 40" height, and weight no more than 50 lbs. Four works between 30" - 40" wide, not weighing more than 50 lbs., shall also be accepted in the order in which they are received.
- Each artist has the option to include a brief artist statement (no more than 100 words) which will be displayed with the work's details on the labels at the gallery.
- Please submit up to 4 photos in jpeg format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each image must be at least 2048 pixels wide at 300 dpi, which will yield a file of approximately 2.4 Mb each. Any images which do not meet those requirements will NOT be considered for any publicity for the show, any potential exhibit books, or showcased on the website gallery. At least one image of any resolution is necessary to help us identify the work.
- Each jpeg file MUST be named with the artists' name and the title of the work. For example: Smith_Sara_Mosaic_at_Sunrise.jpg. Detail photos should follow the same naming convention and include "detail 1", "detail 2", etc, as appropriate.
- All artists need to fill out the Gratz College contract.
- All artists need to sign and deliver with the work the Mosaic Society of Philadelphia's 2016 Members' Exhibit Loan agreement AND the Artwork Submission Form.
DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION OF WORK:
Accepted artists will be notified by email. Inquiries can be addressed to email@example.com and will ONLY receive a response after April 5th when all entries have been processed.
All work must be in good condition and ready for installation ("D" hooks — no sawtooth hangers, top of taut wire must be at least 1.5" below the top edge of the frame). No works in progress will be accepted.
Artwork submission form must be completed and attached to the back of the submitted artwork.
Delivery of Work:
All works must be hand delivered on Sunday, June 5th, between 10 a.m. and Noon, or Monday June 6th, between 9 a.m. and Noon. to Gratz College, 7605 Old York Road, Elkins Park, PA 19027. Please report to the lobby area.
No mail deliveries will be accepted.
Artist will be responsible for insuring the artwork and shall hold Gratz College and the Mosaic Society of Philadelphia harmless for any theft, damage, and liability from the time of delivery and installation of the works until they are removed from the Gratz College premises.
All artists will be required to sign the Mosaic Society of Philadelphia's 2016 Members' Exhibit Loan Agreement when delivering their work, stating the above, as well as have signed the Gratz College contract.
SALE OF WORK:
Artwork may be offered for sale. Gratz College will receive 30% of all sales of the exhibited artwork at or during the exhibition. The gallery manager will conduct all transactions. Checks will be made payable to Gratz College, and the college will issue checks to the artists after the exhibit closes.
* Means the fields are required.